Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Sunday Challenge -- Party Planning

This has been such an ego-boosting weekend! I was cleaning up this blog a bit so I could use it to post pictures on the Circle Blog and suddenly got a follower..and another. I was shocked! I even started a thread on the board that said that! Later in the day, minding my own business, lurking on the MB and reading everyone's posts, I get to one that called out a great project. Then I read my name. Holy cow! That was a post about me! Then the replies... it actually made me cry!

I called my husband up to read some of the posts. I just could not believe the sweet and kind words that were being said about my projects! And then my followers list started growing. That was so much fun!

This morning, my husband was teasing me about it a bit, asking if I would be harder to work with now (I work for my husband). I just want everyone to know how much the kind and positive words really mean to me!



Well, today is Sunday and that means I get to Cricut! Two days of papercrafts in a row -- that NEVER happens! This is a project I did for Doxieluv01's Sunday Challenge on the Circle MB. The challenge is to use embossing folders or embossing powder on a project.

I changed my mind on this only a few hundred times. The highlight of the whole project was using the Liquid Applique on the cake for icing. This paint-like liquid just puffs up like crazy when heat is applied. I really don't see how it looks anything like applique, but it looks exactly like frosting! This was a fun surprise. I bought this not really knowing what it did. The package doesn't give too many clues either. I don't know why I even opened the package and used it but I am so glad I did.

The table is from Sentimentals, page 42, cut at 3" without the drawers, and inked. The table cloth is hand cut.

The chandelier is from French Manor, page 37, cut at 2-1/2". I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist. The shades are hand cut.

The figure is from Country Life, page 36, cut at 6". I used the swiss dot Cuttlebug embossing folder and glue-on pearls to the dress that I hand cut. Her hair was trimmed and curls were added. The curls are the waste from cutting the bride's hair on Paperdoll Dress Up at 5"-- didn't use the hairdo just the waste that was cut out.

The wainscoating was done with Cuttlebug Decorative Squares #2. I sanded the paper a bit for a little color.

The cake stand is from Sweet Treats page 42, cut at 3/4". The cake is also from Sweet Treats, page 39, cut at 1-1/2". I coated it with the embossing pad and then sprinked on Holographic Embossing powder. I really like the color that it turned out. (The paper was a light pink). As I mentioned, the dimensional accent is from Liquid Applique.

The banner is from Country Life, cut at 1" and then sewn together.

Thank you for looking at my project! I have another work week to go before I get to craft again... until then!

10 comments:

Noelle P said...

Nadia -

You totally blew me away with this one. Love the pearl necklace and the little lampshades - not to mention the partially hung banner. Awesome!

Michele said...

Very very nice and creative! The table cloth pattern is the material I have on my grandma's rocking chair for real!! Too funny!

Love your creations!

Terry said...

Yet another fantastic project!!! Your details are so much fun to look at!!! TFS
~Terry~

**Treefrog** said...

Another amazing LO Nadia! Too Too Cute, You really have a knack for these little scenes, they really are adorable! Every little detail, amazing! You are very inspiring to open my eyes to other ideas/areas in my crafting details.
I also see on the Cricut Circle MB you are in KY, what part, I too also live in KY (not originally from here, but been here for almost 3 years now.)
Take Care and can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Theresa
http://binkyblossoms.blogspot.com/

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Thank you all for these nice comments! It makes me smile that you like this enough to comment! (Actually, it blows me away but I am trying not to gush).

To Michele- A while ago, I worked as a manager in a home decor department at a huge fabric store (3 floors of fabric) and I fell in love with tassels, jacquards, brocades, toiles.... I went nuts when I started finding papers that looked like home dec patterns. I love that you have this on a chair!

To Theresa- I live in Louisville. Are you close by?

Got2BCrafting said...

Nadia...
You are simply amazing! Your projects are literally jaw dropping gorgeous! I am in awe. I may just try to do some scenery cards because they look so incredible... thank you for the inspiration. I absolutely can't wait to see your next project!!

flowerdisco said...

what a source of inspiration you are going to be to me. Thanks for showing and sharing your art with us and welcome to the Gyptians design team.

TR said...

Ever so cute!
Thank you for the VERY detailed
description. It drew attention to
things I would not have noticed.
I loved detail.
I'm so glad I found you!

TR

BTW..... My Google Reader is NOT
acknowledging the follow subscription. :(

Carole P said...

Another awesome card! Thanks so much for contributing to the weekend challenges over on the Cricut Circle. You help to make it fun. And you now have 71 followers! Way to go girl!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Thanks! I love those challenges -- they have really helped me to improve! I love how supportive everyone is and I try so hard to participate!

But wait! There's more! Click 'older posts' above!

But wait!  There's more!  Click 'older posts' above!