Saturday, March 26, 2011

Just Because Challenge

I am loving the coordinated patterns on Imagine More!  How easy it was to quickly make this card, saving the time I usually spend choosing papers!  This is my entry for Weekly Challenge #26:  Just Because Challenge. The requirements were so broad, simply to make a 'just because' card, that I thought it was a great time to try more ideas on my new Imagine.

I started with a black and white picture of my daughter and her little friends -- another mom posted this on Facebook and I grabbed it right up!  I love how natural they look, elegant and happy!


I used a frame from Live Simply, cut at 6.2".  I embossed a couple layers of the frame and popped them up.  I adhered my picture (after chomping the corners) with popdots.  The flowers are all from George, cut at 1" and embellished with adhesive pearls.  'Hi' is from Sentimentals, cut with a shadow, at 1.5".  It is popped up with stacked popdots to compete with the height of the dimensional flowers.

I used my ATG gun to adhere the frame to a white cardstock card.  I cut it smaller than the frame so as not to show from the front.
This was a super quick card that was made so easy by using the coordinated patterns and solids on Imagine More!  All the papers were printed from that cartridge!
Happy crafting!!

8 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

It's so pretty!

L.B. said...

This card is just so pretty. I love the colors and the simple "Hi"

Kristen Swain said...

what a beautiful card!!! LOVE this!! thanks for playing along this week!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Very beautiful card! You've given me hope in trying my Imagine again - it's collecting dust at the moment ;).

Melody

IRW Dana said...

I found your blog from the Circle forum. Love the frame. papermemories4u @ yahoo .com

Missie said...

super cute! Thanks for sharing

Kate said...

I was just going through your gallery this morning after reading your latest blog post and found this project you made with your Imagine. I bought mine when it went on sale a few months before they announced it would be retiring. Despite all the things I heard about problems people were having with the mats, I bought it anyway, and didn't use it for several months (past the return period) and after about five print runs, the mat stopped sticking. Did you ever have this problem and if so, did you come up with a way to refurbish it to make it sticky again? I found a tutorial online which recommended using Kyrlon Easy Tack (spray on) repositional adhesive, which I bought but have yet to try. When I spoke to Provo Craft about a year ago they did say HP was committed to selling the ink cartridges and I caught wind that PC started selling the mats again but it didn't appear that they had made any changes to them (I quote "what problem" was the response I got from their customer service line). Any pointers you could send my way would be much appreciated. I have a Teresa Collins cartridge for this machine with patterned papers that were discontinued five years ago that I would love, love, love to print out if I can find a way to get my Imagine to work again. Its been sitting under a dust cover for a year now! Thanks so much in advance if you get the chance to reply!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Kathy- ok a couple of things. First of all, I use a barely sticky mat but I do tape the corners with Scotch Magic Tape. I have used the same mats for years because of this preference. To make them sticky again, I simply scrub the mats. I use Scrub Daddy brand. They have smiley faces on them and I use them wet. Once dry, the mat is sticky again. That is how I re-stick my cricut and silhouette mats, but honestly, I really use them very barely sticky unless I am cutting fabric or wood.

The next thing is that if you have a Cricut Explore, be sure to link the Teresa Collins cart in Design Space so that you can use that cart's patterns with your Explore.

Hope this helps.

But wait! There's more! Click 'older posts' above!

But wait!  There's more!  Click 'older posts' above!