Monday, February 20, 2012

Oh, Baby! It's a...Challenge!

Pin It
My husband's cousin and his wife are due to have their first baby any day now.  What perfect timing to take advantage of the Typecast Creative Baby Cartridge Challenge!



The blog owner of Typecast Creative is Curt Jensen, an illustrator for Provocraft.  This challenge required using Curt's cartridges or Cuttlebug folders to create a baby project.  I chose a Word Collage embossing folder and an image on Campin' Critters!

I embossed the green layer and rubbed over it with a foam pad that was covered lightly with white acrylic paint to help the raised areas stand out.  (Yes, the finger is the best applicator of paint!)


We won't know the gender of the baby, so I chose my colors to be as gender-neutral as possible.  I also wanted the card to coordinate with the gifts I purchased.  (I know:  buying baby gifts does violate the Crafters Code but time is of the essence because I have procrastinated!!!  I blame Pinterest.) 

These were my cuts for the card:
  • Card base cut from white cardstock - 12"x7.75" folded down to 6"x7.75"
  • Teal layer - 7.375"x5.625"
  • White cardstock layer - 5.125"x6.875"
  • Green polka dot layer - 6.75"x5"
  • Moon from Campin' Critters (cut on the Expression) and extra stars - 3.25"; small star dangling from hat was cut at 2.75"
The stars were applied with brads that match the green paper.  I love the awl and bradsetter by WeRMemoryKeepers!  The brads were applied before the layers were adhered to the base so the brad prongs were hidden!



I think these images would also be perfect for baby onesies.  For my tutorial on making baby onesies with the Yudu and Yudu Cardshop, click here.  To see all my paper and Yudu projects, check out my Project Gallery, or click here.

I am looking forward to seeing all the baby projects made for this challenge.  All projects will be posted on Typecast Creative March 12, 2012.  Be sure to check it out!

12 comments:

pooky said...

Adorable!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Good luck with the challenge... It's super cute, I love how u used the word collage

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Oh, darn I must have that embossing folder now! Beautiful card, Nadia!

Sis Patterson said...

Totally great BABY card using Campin' Critters (an all time favorite)! Of course, I love all the details! Darling!

Gina piazza said...

Love it!

Diane Hodrick said...

Love that you used Campin Critters.....you sure rose to the challenge (as always). Super cute!

Michele Kovack said...

I love this image! Love how you created the background! I will have to keep that tip for future reference! Have a great day!

Linda Kaiser said...

Super cute!!!

Pat N. said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! Good luck with the challenge.--Pat N.

Diane said...

I love the doll shirts! I buy all kinds of clothes from the thrift shop and remake them. When my mil had a poodle, I use to make her all kinds of sweaters for her pup from sweaters I bought at the thrift store. Love your projects and you blog! Your a craft genius! :-)

Di&Co

Scrappin with the bug said...

Very pretty. I love the colors and little moon card. Great job.

MulticrafterAmy said...

Cute card. You always do nice work. :)

But wait! There's more! Click 'older posts' above!

But wait!  There's more!  Click 'older posts' above!